Full course description
This biomanufacturing micro-course will highlight the many process steps necessary for biologics manufacturing. It is organized by two major process operations, with sufficient detail within each process to establish a high-level understanding of how these substances are produced.
Delivery and Logistics of On-Demand Biomanufacturing Micro-Course:
- Easily access this micro-course through our online professional development portal, WPI Now.
- Content material is delivered through two mechanisms by our WPI BETC instructional staff.
- Voice-annotated slides provide specific information by topic for trainees to advance at a pace each individual is comfortable.
- Video segments of major equipment explain, component-by-component, how the equipment is used and operates within the overall biomanufacturing process and the criticality to operational success.
- Each major topic concludes with a brief quiz for the trainee to assess comprehension.
Who will benefit from this micro-course:
The Introduction to Biomanufacturing Processing micro-course is aimed at individuals outside the biomanufacturing field considering a career transition into this exciting and rapidly expanding field. Additionally, individuals already working in biomanufacturing in roles peripheral to production will benefit from the big picture overview of the processes they support. Participants will be able to put into context the vocabulary they hear coming from their clients, scientists, engineers, and production staff. Learn on demand and get access to our on-demand biomanufacturing micro-course content where you can learn at your own pace. You will learn all about major equipment, how it is used and operates within the overall biomanufacturing process and the criticality to operational process. Upon completion, you will earn a digital certificate of completion. Complete all biomanufacturing online courses and receive a digital certificate.