This course will highlight the many process steps necessary for biologics manufacturing. It is organized by two major process operations, with sufficient detail within each process to establish a high-level understanding of how these substances are produced.
Delivery and Logistics:
- Easily access this course through Canvas Catalog.
- Content material is delivered through two mechanisms by our BETC instructional staff.
- Voice-annotated slides provide specific information by topic for trainees to advance at a pace each individual is comfortable.
- Video segments of major equipment explain, component-by-component, how the equipment is used and operates within the overall biomanufacturing process and the criticality to operational success.
- Each major topic concludes with a brief quiz for the trainee to assess comprehension.
Who will benefit from this course:
The course is aimed at individuals outside the biomanufacturing field considering a career transition into this exciting and rapidly expanding field. Additionally, individuals already working in biomanufacturing in roles peripheral to production will benefit from the big picture overview of the processes they support. Participants will be able to put into context the vocabulary they hear coming from their clients, scientists, engineers, and production staff.
Example roles include, but are not limited to: sales & marketing staff, industry vendors/suppliers, recruiters, environmental health and safety specialists, operations support personnel, supply chain personnel, students, maintenance personnel (mfg. support), financial officers, project managers, and career changers.